How to Build a Social Media Campaign for a Niche Audience
So you’ve decided that your brand needs to connect with your audience in a way that’s authentic and long-lasting. And you’ve chosen social media as the way you will achieve this goal. The only thing is that you haven’t really taken the time to build out a comprehensive social media campaign.
Though you post regular company updates and share your blog content across channels, you aren’t quite sure how to go about developing a campaign.
Building an effective social media campaign is no easy task – especially if your business is in a niche industry. Not only do you have to really get to know your target customers well. But you’ve got to find out where they hang out online and how you can reach them.
But there’s no need to worry! We’re here to help.
Like any other digital marketing tactic, building a social media campaign takes time, expertise, and resources. But with a little guidance, you can be on your way to developing a campaign that piques your niche audience’s interest and compels them to engage with your brand.
Below, we’ll take you through each step of developing a winning social media campaign for your niche audience – no matter who they are.
1. Identify your target audience.
The first step in building a winning social media campaign for your niche audience is knowing exactly who your audience is and what they find important. Many businesses make the mistake of slapping together a social media campaign that focuses solely on the benefits of their products and services.
But they fail to take into account the audience’s challenges and needs. And this can result in wasted time, resources, and budget.
Instead, take time to get to know who your target audience is and what they care about. If you haven’t already, you’ll want to develop customer personas. These are fictionalized profiles of your ideal customers with basic information like demographics as well as more specific information like what challenges they face, where they go to get information, and what they look for when purchasing products/services.
Here’s a quick overview of how you can work to create these customer personas and get to know your audience:
- Start by making some general assumptions about your target audience based on your previous experience with customers.
- Do some further market research to confirm or correct these assumptions and possibly discover new opportunities in the market.
- Interview your best customers to find out what really drives them and what they care about most when making a purchasing decision.
- Once you’ve compiled your target audience research, start to flesh out these personas. Develop profiles that you can use to drive your content marketing.
Once you know who your audience is and what they care about, you’ll be able to reach them more effectively through a social media campaign. Not only will this target market research inform the types of content that you use in your campaign but also your approaches to reaching and engaging these consumers.
2. Select the right social media channels.
Now that you know a little bit more about what your ideal customers care about most, it’s time to learn where they hang out online. There are so many social media channels available to brands who want to connect with their audience.
However, your brand doesn’t have the time or resources to effectively be present and engaging on all of these channels. That’s why it’s essential to strategically choose the channels that make most sense for your target audience.
When choosing which social media channels are best for your niche social media campaign, consider the following for each social media channel:
- Audience – Which social channels have a large enough audience that will allow you to expand your reach?
- Demographics – Which channels have the largest populations of people who fit within your target audience demographics?
- Features – Which social media channels offer the features that allow you to best highlight your brand?
- Activity – Which social media channels have the most active user base? What does this activity and engagement look like?
Want to learn more about which social media channels may be worth it for your brand? Be sure to read our article on which social media should I use to learn more about the demographics for each channel and discover how each channel can benefit your business.
3. Develop specific campaign goals and objectives.
Before you can get started launching your niche social media campaign, you need to decide what your goals and objectives are for the campaign. Consider not only what you hope to get out of this specific campaign but also how these goals align with your marketing goals and overall business objectives.
Here are some common goals that many brands use as a starting point for their social media campaigns:
- Drive more traffic to their website.
- Generate new leads.
- Convert leads into sales.
- Sell a specific product or service.
- Increase brand awareness.
- Communicate with customers.
- Establish or build brand authority.
It’s important to make sure that your goals are clearly outlined. We recommend using the SMART goal setting system to help ensure that your social media campaign goals are clear and attainable. SMART stands for: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound. Using SMART goals is one of the best ways to set yourself up for success.